RES: HP 10529A

From: Jose Luiz Martins <jmartins_at_agenciainterativa.com>
Date: Tue Jun 20 2006 - 11:58:57 EDT

Hi Filip,

The HP 10529A is quite easy to use. You have to put a known good IC on on
the card that has two micro switch banks (forgot it's part number). The
switches are used to "say" to 10529A what pin are input and what is output.
So, check on IC's datasheet the input pins, and move the correspondign
switch pin close to IC for input and move the switch far from IC for output
pins. You are now ready to test.

The +5 and gnd will be supplied by test clip on the IC under test.

If the IC under test is Okay, nothing happens, just the +5V will light. If
something wrong, the corresponding led will flash, indicating some missing
signal on that pin.

Pay attention that the 10529A is not 100% correct, it's a very good tool for
obvious problems. For counters and flip-flops troubleshooting, you must to
power on the board with test clip attached or reset the board first,
otherwise you will have different data inside the ICs.

Sorry for my english.

José Luiz Martins

  _____