Re: 9010A Code Generator Question (or reversed Tempest ROMS)

From: K.S. <kstillinger_at_sc.rr.com>
Date: Tue Aug 29 2006 - 23:53:04 EDT

Well, Hell-

  I was working on a board a couple months ago that had these doubled up
ROMS that I had to burn a couple for. When I was putting them together,
I thought something was funky about the contents/order of them as
compared to the 16k ROMS on all the other sets I've seen. I didn't
follow the address decoding through, I just assumed the correct chips
were being enabled via the wire jumpers.

  No luck, so I moved onto other things until I read your message.

  Swapped the ROMS the other way around as in your writeup and BAM - up
it comes. There's still a problem with my Y output, but you got me to
pull this one off the stack.

  Thanks!

  Kerry