Re: POLL: Re: FS...

From: Corey Stup <Corey_at_Stup.net>
Date: Wed Sep 20 2006 - 15:45:14 EDT

Matt Rossiter wrote:
> Not to drag this "non-techtools" topic on too long. But how 'bout we
> just can the whole idea of doing a FS: or especially a FA: - In my
> opinion, there is always the unspoken rule that if you REALLY DO have
> something of interest to sell, such as a motherload of Atari CAT Boxes
> you can go ahead and "Mention it". But I think most of us aren't too
> interested in relatively easy to find stuff.

Personally I don't mind the occasional "FS" post. I for one have used
the FS to sell some semi-obscure stuff, rather than resorting to eBay.
I've bought test equipment via TTL as well, since I feel like its better
represented than something from some TE broker on eBay.

I may be biased, as I've sold stuff on TTL before, and would like to be
able to do it in the future. A classified type post is not noise to
me, but I'm always buying and selling anyway. My suggestion would just
be that if anyone abuses it (posting weekly advertising for a commercial
venture), just unsubscribe them on a case by case basis. TTL is low
enough bandwidth that its never bothered me getting anything marked
[TTL], even mixed in with all the hundreds of emails I get daily.