Re: Archiving 1702 eproms.

From: Rodger Boots <rlboots_at_cedar-rapids.net>
Date: Wed Sep 27 2006 - 03:57:33 EDT

John Robertson wrote:
> Anyone know of an Eprom reader/burner for the ancient 1702 EPROMs? I
> have a couple of early pinball games that I would really like to archive
> the data and have nothing to read these suckers with. My Data I/O 29B
> doesn't go back that far. Reading the archive on Jeb Margola's web site
> didn't help as it only talks about programming the suckers, not the
> settings to read them. Used -47VDC in the programming!
>
> These are very rare games, Recel Mr. Evil, Crazy Race, and Interflip
> Alasaka - the games are running on the Rockwell PPS4/8 system very
> similar to Gottlieb's System 1. They called it System III for some
> reason. no idea what System I or II were...
>
> I do not want to send the EPROMS out to get read, would rather borrow
> the reader, archive them, then return the reader.
>

> John :-#)#

I went looking for the Pro-Log programmer in the storage garage last
night, but only found a few of the adapters. I'll look some more.
If I can find it I'll dust it off & see if it still works. ALL the
memory in this thing are 1702s, the processor is a 4004! Needless to
say, the biggest thing it will handle is 2716s.

But it will do ancient! IF it still works. Give me a couple days.