Photos of my Test Box

From: Matt Rossiter <matt_at_rossiters.com>
Date: Sat Oct 07 2006 - 15:50:11 EDT

I thought I'd share some photos on the website I'm updating.

I'd like to create a site that has a little more information on what test
equipment I use along with the "Here's My Games" photos.

For starters this is a test box I built which makes testing boards a
little easier than what I was doing before.

http://games.rossiters.com/photos/main.php?g2_itemId=90

It has a nice Variac for adjusting AC to the exact voltage for any
particular monitor. All of the AC Outputs are isolated and have line
filters.

You can measure the AC current as well as voltage with either the built in
indicators or the hookups.

It has a power supply for Cinematronics and Atari games as well as a
normal switching power supply. So I am able to hook up PCB's or the
Zektor ZVG.

There's hookups for +5v, -5v, +12v and Ground.

In the front there is a switch that toggles the control panel so that you
can switch between PCB's or Game Emulation from a computer.

In the back there's a nice big fan for blowing out the heat.

Best of all, it's compact and rolls around on wheels.

Anyway, it's kind of cool. It's been pretty helpful so far and it's not
too big of an eye sore. I just need to put some finishing touches on it.

If anyone has any helpful comments feel free to share.

Matt