Reading 82S115 PROMs - need Data I/O module

From: John Robertson <jrr_at_flippers.com>
Date: Sun Nov 26 2006 - 20:42:46 EST

Looking for the Data I/O module #715-1097 socket adapter for the 29B
Programming PAK. Anyone have some of these they want to trade or sell?

These are black anodized, upside down "U" shaped, aluminum modules
with a single 24pin ZIF socket in the middle. About 3 inches square,
they plug into the middle of the Programming PAK, and the Programming
PAK has two cards in it that set which PROM manufacturer the PAK is
good for. For example mine has the #1226-2(x) card which is for
Signetic PROMs - such as my 82S115.

Now the Programmers PAK is not much use if you have the Unipack 2B
UNLESS you are trying to read an 82S115 and a few other PROMs that
the Unipack just plain ignores.

The 82S115s are for some Test PROMs for early games that I found in
my pile of old parts from the Time Travel Warehouse parts department
- Quiz Show and others. Rather useless I'm sure (I do NOT have the
test procedures) but I do want to archive them regardless.

If anyone HAS an 82S115 reader I'm happy to send them the PROMs to
read and then send back.

I did get an interesting test fixture for the Atari Orange Box that
allows one to service the Sprint 8 system.