Re: Fluke 9100 hard disk write errors

From: andy <warlords_at_punkass.com>
Date: Sat Dec 30 2006 - 14:21:25 EST

>>any help appreciated, or i'm going to be reduced to manually loading the
>>system software from floppy disks everytime i want to use the damn thing,
>>which will be a real pain as i do use the 9100 almost on a daily basis.
>>
>>ta,
>>
>>Andy.
>>

> Have you looked into upgrading to a SCSI drive? The archives of TTL
> cover this as I recall... September to December 2002.
>
> John :-#)#

well i havn't looked into a scsi disk upgrade until i hit this brick wall,
because there was no need to... but now of course, i am already on the hunt
for a suitable drive.

But like with old videogames, i'd like to give the original parts a decent
chance at being fixed before going down the scsi route.. you know how it is,
its all sitting on my bench right now and if i just put some effort in, i
might beable to fix it... whereas the scsi route means finding a disk,
getting a controller, getting it al to work on one of my pc's etc.... And
like an old videogame i would (for now) like to try fixing the original
hardware before sticking a 39-in-1 in there :P

Andy