O-scope Z-Channel Question

From: Matt Rossiter <matt_at_rossiters.com>
Date: Sat Feb 10 2007 - 13:09:36 EST

I'm using a Tektronix 475 Oscilloscope and, of course, I use XY mode for
testing to see if the X and Y signals look good on the screen. There is
an external Z axis channel in the back, but I've never gotten it
completely to work. Someone once told me that I need to use an inverter
to invert the signal into the probe - which sort of works, but I still see
the vector retrace lines. Is it possible to completely blank out the Z
signals so that the picture looks the way it's supposed to?

Thanks

Matt