Re: Fluke 9100 stuff wanted

From: Corey Stup <Corey_at_Stup.net>
Date: Tue Jan 01 2008 - 14:47:04 EST

> I'll be checking out the scsi adapter route when the 9100 get's here I
> think. that looks quite interesting.
I have 2 of the Adtron SDDS's, I've yet to be able to get a PC card to
format properly in it (my comments about the sector sizes not being
compatible). The SSD SCSI drives work okay though.

> Anyway, from my reading up, as far as I can tell there's going to be
> absolutely nothing I can do with this unit in terms of programming and
> automating tasks apart from immediate mode operations without the
> keyboard and video card as even terminal emulation to send files to
> and from it requires initialising from within edit mode, then some
> file operations and conversions afterwards? Someone correct me if this
> is wrong?
I've done file transfers to/from the PC, but I can't remember if it
required loading EDITOR or not. I don't think so... The one wacky
thing about EDITOR is that you need the keyboard connected to exit, IIRC.

Since we have the TL/1 compiler for the PC, with file transfer setup,
you wouldn't even need the EDITOR. Writing scripts on he PC is much
easier for sure.