Introduction and manuals

From: Tim Matthews <trmatthe_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue Jun 24 2008 - 11:59:42 EDT

Hi. I've just subscribed to this list after lurking in the archives for some
months.

I'm in the Midlands, UK and fix arcade boards in my spare time. I only
picked
this up about a year ago but like to think I'm a reasonably quick learner. I
prefer
the earlier era hardware but also work on JAMMA boards.

I'm working on a system to reverse engineer PALs to improve the depth of
coverage in MAME and aid future repairs. I'm hoping to end up with a similar

solution to Leopardcats pal-cracker but using a standard EPROM programmer
and easy(ish) to use software.

Anyway, I managed to obtain a PDF of the manual for Rohde & Schwarz LAC64
logic analyser which I've uploaded into incoming at flippers.com. It took
more than
a few pleading emails to R&S but it was worth it! I think it's the only
freely available
copy and I hope somebody else finds it useful. If anybody knows of the CPU
specific
pods (LAS-Z14, LAS-Z30) used to disassemble from the data bus I'd appreciate
a pointer.

Finally, I've just bought an ABI Boardmaster 4000 and am looking for
manuals,
firmware and anything of interest. I've got the programming manual from TTL
which I'm working through. I'd appreciate any tips or pointers too!

thanks for reading,
tim

--
trmatthe@gmail.com