Re: Data I/O and Windows XP

From: John Robertson <jrr_at_flippers.com>
Date: Thu Jul 24 2008 - 15:25:38 EDT

Mike Coates wrote:
> I've used promlink on XP without problem (but then I patched it!)
>
> If you have no flow control, you are losing data during the transfer -
> simple commands are only a single byte, but file transfer either way
> is going to send large amounts of info.
>
> you also say you are using com1, but the error indicates that it's
> trying to use com2 initially - I've attached my config file, def. com1
> - but with flow control enabled - has worked for me using a cable made
> to the specs on the leopardcats web page.

Hi Mike (and everyone else),

I disabled attachments on TTL - was concerned about spam a while ago -
so you can either send the file directly to Matt or send it to TTL FTP
Incoming and I'll move it to the Data I/O directory.

Zip it up and call it Promlink-XP-SampleConfig.zip or something obvious...

Guess I can allow small attachments, say up to 100K if folks are OK with
that.

John :-#)#

                 www.flippers.com