Fluke 9010a RS-232 problem.

From: Kevin Moore <talon.k_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri Aug 21 2009 - 08:19:32 EDT

First Hello all I'm new to the list :)

Next my experience with the fluke is somewhat limited, but I'm
learning quite a bit, and want to learn more.

So this is what I have. Fluke 9101a, and a 6502 pod since I'm learning
to work on Vector games.

So far I've been able to do the normal stuff, Rom, and Ram checks
manually. I downloaded the FIDE program from Quarter Arcade, and have
it install on a Windows XP system. Next I'm using a 9pin serial cable
with a Null modem adapter and a 9-25 pin adapter to connect it to the
Fluke. I've set the dip switches on the Fluke for what I believe is
default. 7n1 IIRC at 9600 baud. In anycase, I've got COM1 set the same
in windows, and the FIDE program set the same. The one thing that
confuses me is the Hardware control settings. Xon/Xoff etc.

But what's happening when I try to transfer a program script to the
fluke is this, set up the FIDE so it's ready. Press Aux/If, Read,
Enter/Yes The fluke then will state receiving, but after 1-2 secs it
will just reset. Then the Fluke states Reset Ok.

I'm thinking it should stay in the receiving mode until the program is
finished transfering, but like I said I'm still new at using the
fluke.

I've done a little troubleshooting of the RS-232 board, but since I
don't have a probe at this time, and my manual program entry skills
are lacking on the fluke, I've been unable to enter in the program to
test the RS-232. I have confirmed that I have the +-6 volts.

I'm sure there are some things I left out that you need to know so
please ask away. Any suggestions would be much apperciated.

Thanks,

Kevin