Cat box, and fluke usage..

From: Kevin Moore <talon.k_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed Nov 25 2009 - 12:38:11 EST

Hi all, in my quest to learn more about using these tools, I've actually
come up with a problem, and could use a little explanation.

I'm working on a liberator board, and was using the atari cat box. The first
two tests in the liberator manual have you check address lines. Well those
checked out good. Next was the Data lines. This is where things fell apart,
and I'm not sure what I'm seeing.

Punch in address 0000, and write AA check the D0-D7 lines going to the ls245
well half the incoming lines are the wrong state, and the output of the
ls245 is non existent. Ie pins 2-9 have no output.

So I hook up my fluke 9010a thinking there may be something wrong with the
catbox, since this is the first time I've used it. Did the same basic setup
wddis grounded, and Ö0 Ö2 shorted together. Do a write to 0000 with AA and
use my logic probe to check. Same results.

Am I to assume Bad memory at location 0000.??