Re: 6803 CPU - Fluke 9010/9100 update

From: John Robertson <jrr_at_flippers.com>
Date: Mon Mar 01 2010 - 20:21:10 EST

Clay Cowgill wrote:
>> He has no documentation left nor does he have information on
>> the delay lines chosen - he designed this over twenty years
>> ago and there was very little call for it...Shy also says
>> that this is freely given by him, he is happy to share it.
>>

> Those look like Dallas parts (at least pin-out wise). Probably 100ns and
> 50ns?
>
> http://datasheets.maxim-ic.com/en/ds/DS1005.pdf
>
> -Clay

Certainly two of the devices appear to be DS1005-100, however I do not
see where there is a -50 device. -60 seems to be the lowest number.

Shy did say they were from Dallas, so perhaps a data book from the late
80s (or early 90s) will show if there was a -50 version. I see no reason
not to use the -60 as Shy said one has to 'tune' the adapter to each
application.

Obviously a routine needs to be written as well (no documentation left)
to set up the 6821 to mimic the 6803s output ports - part of that is the
setting of the Select address for the 6821, then one has to set its
registers...