Re: Fluke 9010a 68000 Pod Eprom TestingonOutrun- help please !!

From: Colin Davies <colin.w.davies_at_btopenworld.com>
Date: Wed Jun 09 2010 - 18:40:25 EDT

Thanks Guys..... Sussing it out now, slowly !!

I just had a quick prod...... Still no luck with the fluke checksums/sigs
though so I kind of do suspect that it does do something different....

Heres what I've found out so far.....

For the 64K roms (well two of them) From the 'mame generated info' we have
0 - FFFF Rom 1
1 - 10000 Rom 2

This is actually a little misleading.... These roms actually sit at
addresses 0 > 1FFFF and not 0000 > FFFF ( So I was at least right about
doubling stuff and my schematics unscrambling was right !!!) and they are
paired up to give a 16 bit data bus, just like the schematics show....

Fluke only lets you read EVEN adresses... so 00000 is ok , but it doen't
like 00001....

So.....

00000 read gives 2 Eproms adr 0000.... 16 bit value... xx yy ... both 8 bit
roms .. didn't check which was high and which was low 8 bits though
sorry......
00002 read gives 2 Eproms adr 0001
10000 read gives 2 Eproms adr 8000
10002 read gives 2 Eproms adr 8001

through to 1FFFE.... Eprom adr FFFF

20000 read gives next pair of eproms adr 0000
etc.....

So... at least I'm getting somewhere understanding the beast now.... lol....

Now its got me wondering if I've only tested HALF of the Ram memory space
usinng the mame generated info... !!! - I'll try that next......;-)

Cheers, Colin