Re: Ram tests on Robotron with 9010

From: John Robertson <jrr_at_flippers.com>
Date: Sun Jan 22 2012 - 23:44:25 EST

David Shoemaker wrote:
> According to mame there is rom covering the entire memory range from0-FFFF
>

> ROM Regions:
>

> So the ram / rom address space must be bank switched. Question is how to do
> that so I can get a good ram test with the fluke? I can do rom tests just
> fine so the board must default to the rom bank's.
>

> Suggestions?
>

> Thanks,
>
> David
>
> ____
As I recall the Defender Technical Service manual covered the bank
switching in either the first (early board - 1 24 pin PROM) or second (2
PROM later boards) editions.

Yup, it's there...page 15 (Video Ram Control) of manual 16P-3001-301.
Pretty sure they didn't change that at all (or very much?) for later boards.