Fluke 8085 and mystery accessory pods

From: Alan McCormick <weirdal1968_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Sun Jun 03 2012 - 01:25:29 EDT

Over the years I've found a Fluke 9010a (no serial i/f) and a Z80 pod (when I really wanted a 6502 pod). A while back a friend sold me an 8085 pod along with a pair of accessory pods of an unknown nature. All three have the usual 40 pin zif. The unlabeled one has a 60 pin IDC connector and the other has a switch labeled byte/non byte, a label that reads "for use with 9010a-8085 and LRA-7000" and two IDC cables (26 pin and 50 pin). Another label on it reads "JC Air a division of BF Goodrich company" and MST-905.

Any idea what these might have been for? My guess is it was for troubleshooting some kind of avionics system but who knows. Probably useless to me but they were cheap.

On a side note, what exactly are the EPROM sized hybrid ceramic chips (A1-A5) in the CPU pods and what are the differences between the different flavors? A 6502 pod uses the 8044 chips while my 8085 pod has three 8044s, an 8046 and an 8049 iirc. Know the pods use ECL logic but couldn't find much info other than a wikipedia entry. Also - what are the TTL chips with the SC family name instead of LS/S/etc?