Re: Dummy load on power supply

From: Brad Gass <bradg_at_digitalplains.net>
Date: Thu Aug 02 2012 - 23:43:40 EDT

In the non-arcade SMPS part of my world, as a general rule 5% of rated output is usually more than sufficient to stabilize cross-regulation - sometimes it's a lot less actually. However, I can't speak directly to the cross-regulation performance of the Peter Chou supplies as I've never loaded them in that manner. But if it's one of the 15A units, I think 1A should be more than enough.