Re: Atari CTF-1 (CTS-1)

From: John Robertson <jrr_at_flippers.com>
Date: Tue Aug 07 2012 - 16:08:22 EDT

Andrew Welburn wrote:
> Calling out for anyone (but probably just aimed at John ;) who might
> have paperwork/schems for the CTF-1..
>
> I spent a good little while hunting online and can't find anything...
>
> I have my CTF-1 on the bench now, and i'm trying to repurpose it, or
> at least work out how much of it is missing, needs replacing or what i
> need to be hunting for. Right now i need to use the variacs in my own
> rig, so i'll proabably end up with a Franken-rig of sorts for now, but
> i need to get working on it.
>
> here's my rig right now :
> http://www.andysarcade.net/personal/bronzeage/CTF-1/CTF6aug12.JPG
>
> here's my webpage documenting its restoration:
> http://www.andysarcade.net/personal/bronzeage/CTF-1/
>
> any help appreciated, wiring diagram especially wanted..!

(revised - correct name is CTS, not CTF

OK, I've uploaded a bunch of info on the CTS-1 - wiring diagrams, mods
I've made to the unit, engineering diagrams (frame, panels, etc), parts
list...

ftp://ttl.arcadetech.org/TTL/Test%20Equipment/Atari/CTS-1/

The mods I made were to allow me to make a more 'universal' connector
for the unit via the A/B/C jumper plugs. These included more power for
the +5, video lines for colour monitor, and a few others. In the 11X17
wiring diagrams you should see first my modified CTF-1 and then a bit
further in the default wiring diagrams.

I have also put up some A/B/C adapter plug wiring diagrams...

Also the original Atari video game tester - the Universal, for Pong,
Quadra-Pong, and others.

Enjoy!

                 www.flippers.com