Poll - Message size! Anyone still on dialup?

From: John Robertson <jrr_at_flippers.com>
Date: Wed Dec 12 2012 - 16:07:49 EST

It has come to my attention that the restrictions imposed on the list
from when it started in Nov of 1999 may not be valid any more...I had
set the maximum message size to 40K as a number of people were on dialup
and complained bitterly about the wasted bandwidth.

So, UNLESS someone sends me a private email to say no, I am going to
open the gate to (dare I say) 500kb which I think is sufficient for 2012
folks. This will allow a zipped disk image for example...

If others want to argue for even larger emails feel free to carry the
discussion on TTL.

Your ever suffering moderator,

John ;-#)#