Re: Poll - Message size! Anyone still on dialup?

From: Andrew Welburn <andy_at_andysarcade.net>
Date: Wed Dec 12 2012 - 17:33:14 EST

Good on you John :)

As a legacy from the dial up days, I still try and trim emails that I reply to, but that last message I neglected to spot. Back in those days it really was poor form not to trim a message you had quoted, similarly if you replied with a one liner, even worse! I'm placing the blame this time on the one-liner who asked the question but didn't trim! I was responding to his message, not thinking he had quoted the whole directory listing underneath :)

Right now I'm on my phone (gasp!) and going below my typing area now and trimming the message is not really quick or feasible.

My word, how times have changed :)

Andrew Welburn (mobile)
www.andys-arcade.com