Re: Poll - Message size! Anyone still on dialup?

From: Phillip Eaton <inbox_at_phillipeaton.com>
Date: Thu Dec 13 2012 - 02:31:31 EST

Big attachments are no problem, as phone email clients leave them on the
server, but tonnes of text are not good for phone bandwidth, especially if
the thread gets popular, and especially if you live in an area with crappy
reception.

As mentioned, snipping threads is awkward on a phone and everyone forgets
anyway.

If the directory listing was an attachment it would have been no problem as
it would be absent from all the replies.

Perhaps make the limit 140 characters like Twitter :-)

Game on,
Phil