Re: Directory success !!! (for HDR that is.)

From: Andre Huijts <a.huijts_at_upcmail.nl>
Date: Thu Dec 13 2012 - 12:01:35 EST

Andrew....I'm not stupid. I understand what it can do for about 90% by now, I've read enough to have a pretty clear picture.

However, without any programs that actually DO a 100% test it's not really worth anything right ?

Please stop talking down to me Andrew, I'm not a moron.....

Op 13 dec. 2012, om 17:50 heeft Andrew Welburn <andy@andysarcade.net> het volgende geschreven:

> Andre..
>
> You havn't read all the manuals, and dont fully grasp what the 9100 can do. Its much, much more than a 9010, its a complete 100% pcb test system, as i've previously described, its not limited to rams and roms. Read up and learn my young jedi.
>

> Andrew Welburn
> http://www.andys-arcade.com
>
> On 13/12/2012 16:45, Andre Huijts wrote:
>> Funny, I was thinking about using Centi as well.....reasons were because I own one, it's a raster game (seemed simpler than a vector game to me) and Atari already makes the schematics in "functional blocks"......
>>
>> Been trying to read in the Applications manual today (during work breaks....) and I nodded off at least 10 times....apart from that, it's sure not easy....
>>
>> However.....correct me if I'm wrong, but I think the majority of problems can be found using the very "basic" tests (which are actually pretty thorough) being the address and databusses, finding bad buffers and doing RAM and ROM checks. As such it's not much more than a 9010 I guess, which is a bit of a shame of course, but I don't see anyone investing so many hours to get programs done for himself or maybe a couple of other guys interested.....
>>
>> It would be cool to have a program for POKEY (if only to make it produce some sounds ;) ) f.i., on the other hand, swapping one takes just seconds and most of the signals of it being defective are pretty well known....
>>
>> Someone should write a program that scans the schematics of any PCB and turns it into a TL/1 program ;)
>>
>> André
> FTP site is: ftp://ttl.arcadetech.org

André Huijts
andre.huijts@upcmail.nl