Re: Samdisk looks very promising...

From: John Robertson <jrr_at_flippers.com>
Date: Mon Jan 07 2013 - 16:18:38 EST

Andrew Welburn wrote:

> On 27/11/2012 03:08, John Robertson wrote:
>> David Shoemaker wrote:
>>> Do I need the service disk to format my machine to use 6.1?
>>
>> Unfortunately the answer is Yes - you need a unserialized Service Disc
>> for 6.0 or 6.1 to format your drive or CFC card.
>
> I used the 1.4 service disk to install 6.0 on my fluke... as noted on
> my webpage :
> http://www.andysarcade.net/personal/tech/fluke9100/index.htm
>
> so i guess the 1.4 service disk is 'unserialised'. I keep hearing
> mention of serialisation, but to this point have not come up against
> problems with it at all.
>
> [snip]
>
>> I'm not having any luck yet with using a CF and my SCSI to IDE adapter -
>> which works fine with hard drives, but can't handle the CF for some
>> reason...
>
> Which SCSI adapter are you using? for future reference...
>
> I've just bought an Aztec Monster CF adapter and i'm hoping it'll go
> smoothly. I have a 9105 arrived (but damaged in the post :( ) that i
> need to strip and use to fix two other 9100's, hopefully this week!
>
> Andrew Welburn
> http://www.andys-arcade.com

How did your Aztec Monster work out? Mine isn't happy...get the
following error message on several different 9100s:

Error Setting 512/Sector Format sensekey: 05 additional: 26

I've tried the jumper at both "T" and "1", plus I've tried a Transcend
128mb (80X) and SandDisk 1GB CF cards.

I also sometimes get sector errors when attempting to format the CF cards.

Emailed the designer and he said to use a smaller and slower CF (at that
time I only had found a 1GB CF), so I then tried the Transcend 128mb
card (no change).

John :-#(#