Re: Troubleshooting a defective pod

From: John Robertson <jrr_at_flippers.com>
Date: Mon Feb 04 2013 - 01:20:31 EST

Andre Huijts wrote:
> Not exactly sure what I'm doing wrong when posting ?
>
> Anyway, I just read the EPROM with my Needham and compared it in the editor with the file on the FTP site ant they are identical so I'm sure the ROM is OK.
>
> Am I really the first to test a pod with another pod ? Someone must have done it before me ?
> Something else that struck me: Fluke must have had their own 9100 programs for their own POD series (amongst others) I presume ? I mean, it would be pretty weird if they didn't use their own tool...........
> Anyway I think I got it to work by powering up both the 9010 (with bad pod connected) and the 9100 (with the good pod). After power up I connected the ribbon cable of the good pod to the bad pod....
>
> I know this is against normal UUT testing procedure.
>
> Did do bus testing, RAM testing and get all (or at least most) Datalines as stuck high. Working from there....or are these false readings because of wrong hook-up ?

Hi Andre (and all),

Fluke had a set of POD test fixtures that allowed one to service the
pods to make sure they were up to spec. These included tapes for the
testing process. I happen to have a set up these - for tapes see the ftp
site under /Fluke/9010a Tapes: Pod_Test (6502/6800/8080/8085/Z80 &
6802). Pictures of the test fixtures are named "9000pod.jpg". I haven't
looked at these since 2002, as I haven't had any pods needing service
(not going to lend them either) but I can take better pictures if anyone
wants to duplicate them.

John :-#)#

                 www.flippers.com