Re: RASTER: M2716A-2F1 datasheet

From: John Robertson <jrr_at_flippers.com>
Date: Fri Feb 15 2013 - 13:12:05 EST

Matthew Rossiter wrote:
> So, in continuing this discussion on techtoolslist - I found that I
> was only about to program a couple more 2716a's and the rest failed.
> Then I realized that sometimes I had to program them two or three
> times until they finally verified correctly. Has anyone else run into
> this issue?
>
> Matt

I've had trouble too with these vintage Eproms, 2716s seem to not like
being re-programmed much. Fortunately have a hundred or so of pulls so
I just chuck the duds into a box marked 'erase' to try again later. I
suspect they are simply failing due to age.......

I'm using a Data I/O 29B with Unipak, as it is my most reliable
programmer for that vintage of parts, plus I have spare units as
backups. I have about a dozen programmers all together I guess, going
right back to the 1702s.

John :-#(#