Re: RASTER: M2716A-2F1 datasheet

From: Mike Coates <mike_at_the-coates.com>
Date: Fri Feb 15 2013 - 14:42:56 EST

Some just take some convincing to 'take' the program - erasing (usually)
sets all the bits on, and programming clears the bits - the more times
it has been erased and the longer it was erased for, the more it takes
to clear the bits

as you say, programming 2 or 3 times will convince it (and can be used
to refresh an eprom with bitrot without erasing it first)

I typically stick a dot with a silver felt tip on the bottom if an eprom
takes several bursts to erase or takes more than one go to program -
then I use them when I know I won't be changing the programming on them
again

if they reach 3 dots, then they go in the bin!