Re: RASTER: FW: Using 8080 pod on Midway 8080 boards (Space Invaders)

From: Alex Yeckley <ayeckley_at_sierralobo.com>
Date: Tue Feb 19 2013 - 09:03:00 EST

There's nothing about the Midway 8080 board design that prevents the
9010/8080 pod from performing successful RAM tests (short or long) or
running the UUT with a "standard" speed 8080 (even with its interleaved RAM
scheme). We do it literally almost every day. We have seen a failure of a
6502 pod such that the address driver line was "weak" and couldn't always
drive successfully drive the pin above the TTL threshold. That same pod
would pass its own self test, presumably because the loopback inputs of the
pod have higher impedance than the target board address lines. Perhaps
something like that is happening here?

Alex Yeckley
Senior Electro-Mechanical Engineer
Sierra Lobo, Inc.
11401 Hoover Road
Milan, Ohio 44846

for the sole use of the intended recipient and may contain confidential and
privileged information. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure, or
distribution is prohibited.  If you are not the intended recipient, please
contact the sender and destroy all copies of the original message.