9010 Z-80 Pod Help needed

From: Justin Johnson <rugd2go_at_comcast.net>
Date: Sat Mar 09 2013 - 22:09:16 EST

Hi Guys,

I'm hoping I can find some help fixing my Z-80 Pod. Here is the
scoop and I will try to make this short. I purchased a Z-80 pod with
the cables cut off. Found a new set of cables and tried a self
test. The self test gave me the failure code 00. I then used a 40
pin socket and removed pin 29 as suggested in the manual and placed
the socket on the pod pins and reinserted the 40 pin connector into
the pod for a bus test. I then got a CTL ERR 00000000 00001000-
LooP. As I understand it that shows an issue with driving bit 5. Am
I correct that this is address and data line 5? I used my logic probe
and probed the data lines of U4 or R6532AP. I found that pin 28 of
U4 which is the R6532AP has Data line 5 low while the other data
lines are high. Where do I go from here? Any help or suggestions
would be appreciated.

Thanks

Justin