Re: Kurz-Kasch part #0500021

From: John Robertson <jrr_at_flippers.com>
Date: Mon Mar 11 2013 - 20:32:37 EDT

teeray wrote:
> Looking for this rom code.
>
> It is part of the Kurz-Kasch TC-590-89 kit for Midway 8080 boards
> which consisted of
>
> 8080 module
> Clips B3, D3, E4
> #0500021 - which is a small circuit board with the rom on it, that plugs into socket H
>
> all I need is a copy of the rom data.
>
> Thanks
> Tim

Hi Tim,

Chances are that is simply a jumper block that shorts D0 - D7 all to
ground. I doubt it is anything else...that is the DATA setup required
for Signature Analysis on the 8080 CPU based games.

KK used to do things like that, make a blob of a jumper circuit so they
could sell the blob for $50 or so...

I made one up using a dead Eprom...cut all the address pins off leaving
just the Data ones that I then jumpered all to ground using fine wire
soldered to the shoulders of the pins. If you want to get proper you
could tie the Chip Selects to Vcc (turns off the Eprom) then it will
present the least load to the power for the system.