Re: Eprom checksum

From: Jose Luiz Martins <joseluizmartins_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sun Mar 31 2013 - 22:28:32 EDT

Uauuuu!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I was writing something like this to
flippers when received your email!

I'm facing exactly SAME problem with many Taito boards.

Some 2716 and 2516 are even testing as blank!

I did some research and the EPROM live time is guaranteed for about 10
years, but many of my boards has between 25 and 30 years old.

Called one friend today, asked him to test some boards and the result is
the same problem.

I think we should consider some plan against this suicide EPROM behavior.

JL