Tech Tip - Protecting those Fluke POD UUT pins!

From: John Robertson <jrr_at_flippers.com>
Date: Sat Apr 06 2013 - 13:53:03 EDT

Just corresponding with a fellow about his pod that had some broken pins
on the UUT connector end and I told him how I deal with that - I use
"Sacrificial" IC sockets on the pins so the IC socket legs can be
damaged, but the POD connector is not at risk.

Also, if a pin is broken off simply strip the lead close to the UUT
connector end and run a short jumper to the sacrificial IC socket.

Figured I should share this with you good folks in case the idea hadn't
occurred to you...

                  www.flippers.com