Re: Midway Sea Wolf with Fluke

From: Andrew Welburn <andy_at_andysarcade.net>
Date: Tue Apr 09 2013 - 04:18:11 EDT

Rom is 0000-1fff - so you can't run a ram test on it, its read only.

Ram is 2000-3fff - rams are used in pairs on each bit, on alternating
addresses. I do not use the 9010 but i'm pretty sure you can't
dicriminate down to individual 8080 rams in this arrangment. If you can
ramtest with a bitmask, you can isolate which is the failing bit, this
will give you two rams to suspect, then its 50/50 luck replacing them.

4000-5fff isn't anything you need to look at, especially not with the
ram test.

Andrew Welburn
http://www.andys-arcade.com