Fluke 6809 Pod Troubleshooting

From: Theron Troxel <troxelone_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Tue Apr 16 2013 - 11:39:38 EDT

I have a 6809 pod that I finally got around to testing and is coming up with "POD  TIMEOUT - ATTEMPTING RESET" error.  Looking at the manual for the 6809 pod, it says to check for short to the crystal or clock depending on the chip.  Would I start on pin 39 of the self test socket and follow the schematics back and check the lines on U27, U22, and U23 that's if the enable line on U27 is low?  Or, am I looking in the wrong spot on the schematics?

Any other advice when trouble shooting these?