Re: Xeltek superpro cable?

From: John Robertson <jrr_at_flippers.com>
Date: Mon Apr 22 2013 - 01:36:14 EDT

On 04/20/2013 10:41 PM, David Shoemaker wrote:
> Has a power switch and a db25 plug on the back. Nowhere to plug power.

Which SuperPro do you have? There are many versions...If it is the
original SuperPro it got the power from the PC adapter card that the 25
pin cable plugged into. This models did NOT use the Parallel Port!

I have one of those old timers at the shop, not willing to spare the
adapter directly, but can provide you with high rez pictures of both
sides if you wanted to make a replacement. Used the XT slot as well, did
not need the AT extension. Did not use custom ICs AIR.

It may be possible to bypass some of the hardware but I'm not willing to
invest any time in figuring it out. The XT card has several ports, some
of which are in the Parallel Port range AIR.

John :-#)#