Re: Interesting stuff on eBay...

From: Alex Yeckley <ayeckley_at_sierralobo.com>
Date: Thu Jun 13 2013 - 09:21:09 EDT

>However for field work they would be great, so (quick poll) how many of us
fix 8-bit CPU based devices in the field??

Not me. There's not enough demand (around here at least) to justify the
added expense of maintaining a mobile setup in addition to a fixed based of
operations (i.e. benches). Even 15 years ago when we did do more field work
we'd still generally pull the boards and bring them back to the shop rather
than attempt a field repair. I can't even think of a viable way to haul the
required inventory around in anything less than a box truck.

Alex

----
ayeckley@elektronforge.com
www.elektronforge.com