Re: WANTED : in-circuit IC tester

From: Mike Coates <mike_at_the-coates.com>
Date: Tue Jul 30 2013 - 13:16:24 EDT

I have an ABI 4000, and find that if it tells you an IC is good, then it
is, if it tells you it's bad, then double check it, because it's wrong
60% of the time!

however, for repairing things for which schematics are not available, or
it has a hidden PCB (where there's 2 or 3 pcb's for instance, that plug
into each other) it still proves useful.

Once I have set it up, I tend to check everything in the area of
concern, and put white stickers on anything dodgy - then use the fluke
and the probe to decide if they really have failed!