Re: 6502 pods & clocks....

From: John Robertson <jrr_at_flippers.com>
Date: Fri Nov 08 2013 - 15:18:23 EST

Hi Matt (and everyone else),

If I had time I'd make a small PCB for the 6502 pod that had 28 pin
sockets (use a short 28 to 28 - UUT - header jumper) for the other
common (at least I run into them) variants - the 6503 and 6504 (6005
too, what the heck) as 28 pin sockets. How many people would want such
an animal? Figure the run cost at around $200, need about $50/PCB for
four people to make it of any use to consider making.

There are clever folks here who could do it more economically and faster
(I'm not that good on Kicad yet) who are welcome to offer doing it!

Then you could have a simple jumper to add the 1mhz R/C clock (it is a
7404 with a 16nf and 220R hookup) signal to the Phase 0 in, My adapter
is ugly - consists of one of the Fluke 40 pin extender sockets (so you
could monitor the various CPU pins) that was damaged and hard wired a 28
pin jumper cable to that so it matched the needs of the 6504. Need a
pullup resistor for the Ready line too. The adapter has a tiny PCB at
the bottom which is the width of the pins and length of the socket, so I
could squeeze in the 7404 and the caps (use 15n and a 1n to get the 16n)
and resistor - don't think it will show clearly in a picture, but if I
have time I'll take some shots and add it to my Fluke page on flippers
(and post a followup).

John :-#)#