Re: bpaul's manual copies

From: Bill Paul <bpaul_at_qualcomm.com>
Date: Fri May 02 1997 - 14:35:40 EDT

At 10:17 AM 5/2/97 -0700, you wrote:

>Just a word of caution to anyone thinking of buying the $25 copies of
>Sega manuals that Bill Paul is selling that he has reduced the schematic
>pages to 8 1/2 * 11 from the original 11 * 17, making them very difficult
>to read.
>
>Considering I bought them JUST for the schematics and wiring diagrams
>(since most of the rest is duplicated in the other Sega manuals) I'm
>a bit annoyed right now..

To Al and all,
Sorry if you were mislead into thinking I was going to copy all the 11x17
double sided schematics to their original size. I actually was going to do
this, but it turned out to be extremely time consuming, difficult to store
the master copy, a pain to fold all the pages in properly, and extra
dificutly during the binding process. I did consider quality and clarity an
issue, and since the (64%) 8.5 x 11 copy is perfectly legible, I went ahead
and made it that way. The only exception is the text is smaller, but still
readable.
So if this is unsatisfactory to you, I will (for you and you only), send
11x17 copies of the Space Fury schematics, unbound, folded in half, at no
charge.
As for anyone else, this is fair warning. The schematics in Space Fury,
Zector, as well as a few of my Atari schematics are reduced in size if the
copy quality allows it.
If I had my choice, I would produce an identical copy of the original,
including the brown cover, rather than the negative image cover, but
economics and feasabilty changed the way it came out.
Thanks for your time,
-BP
Bill Paul bpaul@qualcomm.com
Q-161A2 619-658-3741