Re: Cinematronics XY characteristics

From: Clay Cowgill <clay_at_supra.com>
Date: Tue May 06 1997 - 12:31:58 EDT

>Now that we've determined that the deflection characteristics of the
>Sega's are better than the Wells, what about Cine's performance
>compared to the B&W Atari monitor? Assuming that Atari B&W's are
>more likely to be found than a Cine, is it practical to build a
>board to adapt an analog Atari monitor to the Cine board set?

I don't think there's anything to stand in our way technically. I started
tinkering around with this a while back with one of the Boxing Bugs->color
WG adapter boards. The only reason I stopped was that it was a pretty
large project and I had a few other things I need to get out of the way
first...

The WG adapter board from Cinemat looks pretty over-engineered to me. They
did some weird stuff. Particularly the color drive circuits could be
simplified.

-Clay

Clayton N. Cowgill Engineering Manager
/\ Diamond Multimedia Systems, Inc. clay@supra.com