RE: eliminator

From: Fish, David <dfish_at_bev.etn.com>
Date: Tue May 06 1997 - 13:00:21 EDT

>Mark J. wrote:
>>On May 6, 10:53am, mayday19 wrote:
>>> Subject: eliminator
>>> I checked my boards and the eproms are labeled from 1158-1170, so I guess
>>> I dont have an eliminator eprom board. the CPU board's rom is labeled
>>> 969.
>
>>Eprom range 1158-1170 is undocumented; you either have one of the following:
>
>>1) An unknown version of Eliminator
>>2) A cocktail Space Fury
>>3) An early raster game for the G-80 system
>>4) Battlestar
>
>>Either way, you should get the EPROMs archived.

 A 'quick and dirty' way to tell the name of the game in which these
EPROMs are
used is to read the first EPROM on the EPROM board into a programmer.
Look at the bytes between the 20th and 40th as ASCII data ($41 to $5A).
The
name of the game should be in there. This works for all the Sega X/Y
games
I tried it on with the exception of Tac/Scan.

Dave