G-80 programming...

From: Clay Cowgill <clay_at_supra.com>
Date: Tue May 06 1997 - 21:02:38 EDT

I suspect this will be a question for a rather limited group of you, but in
case there's general interest:

In my tinkering with the menu system I've been merging my code into the
"boot" ROM and having it run from inside the NMI (test switch) area. This
seems to work just fine, but it's a pain to build the executable with that,
so I decided to just sit down and write something from scratch.

Ran into a little problem. For some reason, although I can copy known good
vector data into the vector generator memory area, it doesn't seem to
display properly. A quick snoop-around with the Fluke 9010A reveals that
everything is where it's *supposed* to be, yet the shapes don't appear
properly on the screen.

I have interrupts turned off on the Z-80 (except NMI of course), but that
shouldn't matter (since the Vector Generator is running async to what the
Z-80 is up to). So I'm a little confused... Any thoughts?

It's almost like there's a register somewhere that needs to be set for the
Vector Generator to work properly that I just don't know to set...

-Clay

Clayton N. Cowgill Engineering Manager
/\ Diamond Multimedia Systems, Inc. clay@supra.com
\/ Communications Division http://www.supra.com/