Re: Anyone else found any Lost Vector Graphics!!??

From: Zonn <zonn_at_concentric.net>
Date: Tue May 06 1997 - 20:14:00 EDT

At 05:51 PM 5/6/97 -0600, you wrote:
>Jeff Hendrix wrote:
>>
>> Jess,
>> Does owen or anybody else have the code to major havoc with the
>> star castle level in it?
>
>not in it's entirety. O.R. has given me detailed descriptions and Im
>currently trying to re-create them (to his approval) for my update ROM
>set. Once I get this Vector Viewer done I can start on the MH project
>again for the summer and maybe even finish. :-)

If it'll help I have a vector viewer for Tempest that a wrote over a year
ago (before I started reading RGVAC). I don't know if Tempest and Major
Havoc use similar vector engines or not, but I was able to dump the full
Tempest Generator ROMs and find all the little pictures of explosions, and
of course the word TEMPEST. It handled all the Linear and Binary scaling,
and included the full color palette (it re-programmed the VGA color
registers to the same RGB values as Tempest, and then setup the palette
register to echo that of Tempest), and it's also been over a year since I
looked at it, so I'd have to dig it up.

I'd of mentioned this earlier but I didn't know anyone was working on this.
I guess that's what mailing list are for huh?

-Zonn