RE: Space Fury/G-80 info...

From: Ozdemir, Steve <sso_at_dsc.com>
Date: Thu May 08 1997 - 12:55:10 EDT

>----------

You could prove your point by having the first object at 0x210 instead
of 0x2EF and rerunning your test of having the next object at 0x4FF or
0x500. This would show that the above rule of thumb isn't seperation of
objects by more than 0x0200, but instead separation of object's high
order byte by 0x02!!!

Assuming your hypothesis about the high order byte is true, when the
beam is recentered on the screen, it'd better be at 0x??50 and not on a
boundary like 0x??00! If recentering occurred on 0x??00 then one half
of the screen would be more likely to have a glitch in it. Of course, I
may be mixing Atari and Sega architecture issues, since I think someone
said that only Atari "centers" the beam between objects....hopefully I'm
not mistaken and inadvertantly muddying the waters.

(Of course, since some of the topics on this email list have been about
swapping Atari color XYs and Sega XYs, accidentally mixing Atari and
Sega architectural issues might be useful.)