Re: Zektor for the masses

From: Clay Cowgill <clay_at_supra.com>
Date: Thu May 22 1997 - 18:13:18 EDT

>You wrote:
>> (Hmmmm. Now if someone wants to rewrite the code a bit and use the serial
>> port on the multi-game to run a modem and have two-player Eliminator over
>> the phone line...)
>
>You'd need at least a T3 line to make this work, and maybe even an OC3 link
>(review the MORTAL KOMBAT 4 thread on rgvac for the reference ;-)

Yeah, good point. We'd need that so we can send the entire contents of the
memory space in the game at least 40 times a second. *grin* I'm going to
go get me one of the $700/mo T3's now... Start my own phone company. ;-)

>I will say that having 4 players cooking on the screen makes for a mess
>already. Anymore and the playfield would resemble Gettysburg more than a
>video
>game. Now if you could get a 5th player to control the space bagel...hmmm...

That'd be kinda interesting... ;-) So, how many missiles can each ship
have on the screen at once in Eliminator?

-Clay

Clayton N. Cowgill Engineering Manager
/\ Diamond Multimedia Systems, Inc. clay@supra.com
\/ Communications Division http://www.supra.com/