Re: Simulated Space Fury Runs!

From: Mark Jenison <jenison_at_cig.mot.com>
Date: Thu May 29 1997 - 07:52:05 EDT

On May 28, 5:02pm, Al Kossow wrote:
> Subject: Re: Simulated Space Fury Runs!

[Mark listening idlely]

> I'm going to be donating it to the MAME project as soon as it's running.

What's this MAME project?

> And I meant to thank Dave for the SC Free ROMs instead of Mark (ooops.)

I was curious about that (Did I miss a meeting? Did I do something I forgot
about ;-))

> A bit more news, it runs about 15000 interrupts and then stops updating
> the vector list. One thing I've observed is just before it puts up the
> scrolling instructions, it trys to read location dff6 at PC 4099. It
> does this only once each time through the attract loop.
>
> Subject: Zektor Runs Too!
>
> ..it's getting hung up on the halt instructions early on, but stepping
> over them gets into attract mode...
>
> You're not kidding, Mark, that is one impressive attract mode!!!

Yes, it sure works a G08...I'd be interested to see what it looks like on a PC
(don't EVEN offer it to me; I boycott the industry and want nothing to do with
computers...ironic, eh? :-)). During the game, at the begining of each level,
the robot talks to you with the city behind him. When the level is about to
start, the city behind the alien goes from full screen and scales ("shrinks")
down to nothing. The G08 tries to keep up with rescaling the city, but you can
tell vectors start flying this way and that such that the city is continually
distorted as it shrinks (like a balloon whose had all it's air released
quickly). I'd like to see how Clay's code handles this, and if it looks
considerably better on a raster type monitor.

Mark Jenison E-mail address: jenison@cig.mot.com
Cellular Infrastructure Group Motorola--Arlington Heights, IL