Re: Multigame update!

From: Mark Jenison <jenison_at_cig.mot.com>
Date: Mon Jun 02 1997 - 15:12:54 EDT

On Jun 2, 2:05pm, Mark Jenison wrote:
> Subject: Re: Multigame update!
> On Jun 2, 11:58am, Clay Cowgill wrote:
> > Subject: Re: Multigame update!
> >
> > The "controller controller" does a few things:
> >
> > 1) When P1 start and P2 start are pressed simultaneously and held in for
> >1sec
> > NMI is asserted which calls the menu program. (neat, huh? :-)
>
> Holding P1 start and P2 start are commonly used to skip quickly through the
> games test mode, so I don't think this is a good idea (coming from a guy
whose
> had to go through test mode +1000 times and couldn't live without this
> feature...). I vote for reset (or can't this be done?)

Oops...another catch. In 4-player Eliminator test mode, to skip quickly
through it you use the RESET switch (since there are no P1 or P2 start
buttons), so maybe that wouldn't be such a great idea either.

Maybe an independant switch that you'll just have to mount somewhere if you
want to use the menu system? (I suppose I can solder wires directly to the
test switch if I want to do that; the test switch triggers the NMI anyway).

Mark Jenison E-mail address: jenison@cig.mot.com
Cellular Infrastructure Group Motorola--Arlington Heights, IL