SW WG Missing vectors

From: <Dangerwil_at_aol.com>
Date: Wed Jun 04 1997 - 22:54:38 EDT

All,

   I have been tracking this nutty problem for a couple of days now. I have
a Star Wars that is displaying misplaced vectors.

The monitor is a WG 6100 that has an older tube with a lot of Gravitar burn
in. The display shows up looking much like a WG K4900 with a lot of
horizontal curl.

The top vectors, score and shield bar all smear down the screen. I also see a
waviness to the screen, much like a bad power supply will exhibit on a raster
monitor.

I have substituted every part of the monitor with a known good one, except
for the yoke and tube, even the output transistors . I plugged the game
into another monitor and the screen looked fine.

I guess my tube is toast, but I have never seen this particular fail. Could
this be a yoke problem??

Any input you have would be a help.

Thanks,

Bill