Re: cine sound board

From: Joseph J. Welser <jwelser_at_crystal.cirrus.com>
Date: Thu Jun 12 1997 - 10:30:52 EDT

> You work at Crystal? My friend just put together a little demo board of
> Crystal's new Midi synthesizer in a chip. Very cool! Crystal does some
> neet stuff!

        Yeah, I work at Crystal. I guess you missed my post last week about my plans for the Cine MultiGame Sound board. I'll paraphrase, since it was kind of long winded...

        I'm going to do it with a ADC -> DSP -> DAC based design. I work for Crystal, for the Digital (Professional) Audio Group (That Midi Chip probably came out of one of our Multimedia Audio groups, so I had nothing to do with it :( ) The chip that I am working on now (You'll see me slip lots of times and call it "my chip," even though there are two other designers working on it) would be perfectly suited for this task. Unfortunately, I don't want to risk getting fired by spilling all the details about it (since it's not released yet,) but look on Crystal's web page (www.crystal.com) and look at the CS4226 (A professional audio CODEC) and the CS4922 (A DSP) "My" part will be a successor to both of those at the same time.