Re: Speech board idea...

From: Mark Jenison <jenison_at_cig.mot.com>
Date: Wed Jun 25 1997 - 15:06:10 EDT

On Jun 25, 12:03pm, Clay Cowgill wrote:
> Subject: Speech board idea...
> Hey everyone,
>
> So. I was thinking... (That should be enough to send everyone running for
> cover... ;-)

Oh Lord, here we go again... :-)

> This Star Trek/Space Fury/Etc. Speech board has been bothering me since
> those SPO-250 speech chips seem impossible to find. Have any of you tried
> playing with the ISD (Information Storage Devices) Single Chip Voice
> record/playback chips?

No, but if I write a FAQ on one, will you do it? ;-)

> I suppose if someone is doing an all-in-one DSP sound card that the samples
> aren't a problem, but this looked kinda cool from the "easy to put
> together" standpoint. (Probably 2 chips?)
>
> Comments?

What about that product someone mentioned WAY back that happened to CONTAIN an
SPO-250 Orator chip? Maybe if you contact the company you can find out where
they got them...someone check the archives and I'll give them a call...(I'll
use some bluff about how I can get them some Motorola chips for them cheap ;-))

Mark Jenison E-mail address: jenison@cig.mot.com
Cellular Infrastructure Group Motorola--Arlington Heights, IL